Aesthetic medicine has grown in popularity over the years and has taken the world by storm. Aesthetics refers to procedures involving the physical appearance of the patient, by using non-invasive methods. The procedures are surgical and non-surgical. Many specialists in this field include dermatologists and plastic surgeons, but doctors in other specialty fields are also able to perform these procedures.
Types of Aesthetic Procedures Life Health Medical Offers
Life Health Medical Center is focused on providing residents along the Wasatch Front with effective non-surgical aesthetic solutions only. We utilize the latest technology and treatments to assist our patients with a subtle enhancement or a complete rejuvenation. We provide the following solutions and more:
- Hair restoration– There are two main types of procedures available for hair restoration, there’s the follicular unit transplant method where skin consisting of hair follicles is removed and placed in the area the patient wants new hair growth. Then there’s the follicular unit extraction method where hair follicles are removed without the skin and are inserted into the area the patient wants new hair growth.
- Platelet-rich plasma- PRP is used in a variety of different aesthetic procedures and involves drawing blood from the patient, and then filtering out the platelets. These platelets can be injected into the area that is showing signs of aging or can be placed on the skin in those areas, and is effective at restoring the skin and removing wrinkles.
- Hormone replacement therapy– Hormone replacement therapy involved replacing the hormones in men or women with those that are no longer made naturally by their bodies. As people age and women enter menopause and men enter andropause, a number of hormones decrease in production. Hormone replacement has been shown to have long-term health benefits for recipients and slow the process of aging.
- Laser hair removal- This procedure takes away all worries of shaving and tweezing. During the procedure, a laser is cast into the air follicles and destroys them in the area the patient no longer wants hair. The hair growth is stunted and eventually stopped completely after several visits, and no damage is done to the surrounding skin.
- Medical weight loss– Life Health Medical is on your side and wants you to look and feel your best same as you. We offer nutritional and exercise programs to get you to a healthy weight and help you maintain it.
- Dermatology treatments- In our Salt Lake office we offer a variety of dermatology treatments to help the skin look younger and healthier. These include: chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc.
- Nutrition advice- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle doesn’t need to be difficult and frustrating. Our office offers nutritional advice to help our patients look the way they want and maintain their health.
Everything You Need To Know About Aesthetics
These procedures are elective and are usually not covered by insurance as a result. They are considered enhancement procedures and are not required for any patient but are wanted by some and recommended to others. Anesthesia is usually used for many of these cosmetic procedures but not all of them. These procedures offer solutions to many cosmetic flaws often seen with aging.
Conditions that can be treated with non-surgical aesthetic procedures:
- Unwanted hair
- Excess fat
- Live spots
- Skin discoloration
- Chemical peels
- Skin tightening
Conditions that are treated with surgical aesthetic procedures:
- Breast implants
- Reconstructive surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
Before any aesthetic procedure is performed, the physician will first start with assessing the patient and ensuring the procedure will be safe for them to undergo. The physician will gather all of their information and make sure the patient has never had any bad reactions to aesthesia before. Once the doctor has approved and has decided that an aesthetics procedure is safe for the patient then an appointment for the procedure will be made.
Who Should Not Get Aesthetics?
Not everyone should get aesthetic procedures. Some patients are at a high risk of complications and adverse reactions to cosmetic procedures; these people not be good candidates. The procedures involving anesthesia can be especially dangerous for patients who have high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney problems, heart problems, or seizure disorders. It is recommended to those have any of these conditions to seek a non-surgical procedure for cosmetic enhancements instead. Non-surgical procedures provide less risks for infection and complications.
Contact Life Health Medical Center in Salt Lake City to learn more about our aesthetics.