Medical marijuana is currently legal in more than two-thirds of the United States including Utah. It is essentially the same product as recreational marijuana but is used for medical purposes. The natural drug has gained popularity over the years due to its effectiveness with treating a number of conditions. The plant is also known it’s pain reducing, memory improving, and calming qualities. Among states where it is legal there are specific requirements a patient needs to obtain a prescription for the product.
Life Health Medical Center is offering medical marijuana cards for qualified patients. In order to purchase cannabis in Utah, patients must be certified for Utah medical marijuana card. We can evaluate your condition and determine if you do qualify to receive a card. Here are the requirements Utah patients must meet to qualify:
- Pain lasting over two weeks and is not adequately managed through traditional treatment methods
- HIV or acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Alzheimers diseases
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Persistent nausea unrelated to pregnancy
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Epilepsy or debilitating seizures
- Multiple sclerosis or persistent and debilitating muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) diagnosed by a qualified professional
- Terminal illness with less than 6 months life expectancy
- Patient is receiving hospice care due to medical condition
- Rare condition impacting less than 200,000 individuals in US
Salt Lake City is now offering medical cannabis to patients who do meet the proper qualifications. You can schedule a consultation with Life Health Medical Center to determine if you meet the requirements to be issued a card.
Requirements to be Approved for Utah Medical Marijuana Card
Life Health Medical Center has made it simple to obtain your medical marijuana card with our easy intake process:
- You need to be a resident of Utah.
- You must meet the above criteria.
- You must meet with a state approved Utah cannabis physician – schedule your appointment now with Life Health Medical Center doctors.
- You will need to register with Utah Department of Health Medical Marijuana Registry in order to obtain a Utah medical marijuana card.
- Once you have the legal card in your possession, you can visit a Salt Lake medical marijuana dispensary to legally purchase cannabis.
What You Need to Know
There are many different methods of taking medical marijuana, each of them results in the “high” effect followed by the “calming” effect. Some different methods include, smoking, inhaling through a vaporizer, edibles, lotion, body spray, cannabis oil, or application under the tongue with drops. Each one will provide the same effects but will varying in the time it takes for the effects to kick in. If you smoke it than it will begin working quickly whereas edibles can take hours.
In addition to the beneficial qualities with treating diseases and conditions, there are some minor side effects that are possible. These include: bloodshot eyes, hallucinations, dizziness, low blood pressure, and depression.
How Life Health Medical Center Can Help With Your Medical Marijuana Needs
At Life Health Medical Center, we believe in helping our patients focus on tapping into our bodies natural healing abilities. We have been working hard with Utah authorities to ensure we meet the requirements for medical marijuana in Utah. All of our doctors are passionate about what we do, and we have seen improvements in how our patients feel and how their bodies respond as a result of medical cannabis treatment. Our experts can provide you with detailed information pertaining to medical marijuana and make sure this is the right decision for your healthcare needs. Give us a call today to discuss obtaining your Utah medical marijuana card, 801-997-8881!