In the last decade, the laser hair removal industry has risen over 51%, with no signs of slowing down. Laser hair removal has long been one of those treatments that people seek to improve their body image, save time, and even save money. While there is a small investment in laser hair removal, add up the cost of how much you spend on razors, waxing, and other hair removal methods and you will soon fine how quickly you will end up saving more money in the long-run. There are some pros and cons to laser hair removal and Life Health Medical Center in Salt Lake City is here to answer all your questions!
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal is a semi-permanent solution to remove unwanted hair from the body. The laser works by detecting the pigment cells that are found in the hair follicle. The melanin of the hair will be targeted, destroying the hair follicle and root. Following multiple treatments, patients will see the positive results of laser hair removal.
The Pros of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a semi-permanent solution for individuals seeking hair removal treatment. Here are some pros to laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal will reduce hair growth, eliminating the need for daily shaving. (Only electrolysis can permanently stop hair growth).
- Laser hair removal can be used to treat hair growth anywhere on the body.
- Laser hair removal is relatively painless. Many people find it is less painful than waxing and simply makes the skin feel sensitive and warm for a few minutes or hours. As you receive additional treatments, you will find the hair becomes finer and finer, and the treatments hurt less and less.
The Cons of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a treatment that must be performed by a trained medical expert. Failure to have the correct treatment can lead to pigment changes, skin irritation, scars, and other issues. Here are some cons of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal can take multiple treatments before you see complete results. The treatment time in the office only takes a few minutes, but you will need to wait about six to eight weeks between treatments.
- Initially, laser hair removal may feel like an expensive investment. Based on how many treatments you need, and the area being treated, the price will vary. We recommend contacting our laser hair removal office for a consultation to discuss your treatment needs.
- Pigment changes can occur. It is important to speak with our technicians to discuss your skin type and hair follicles to ensure you will not see major pigment changes as a result of laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal is a great way to finally get rid of that annoying daily shaving process. If you want to be rid of hair that has plagued you for years, contact Life Health Medical Center in Salt Lake City and schedule your appointment for laser hair removal today!